January 3, 2011

Strength

Author's Note-- This is my piece from the art museum. The piece was Bell's Bar Weightlifter in the American Collection in the 1950's. My inspiration was how our coach for soccer and basketball pushes us so hard, and it seems like there is a bar sitting on our shoulders that we need to hold up and keep going our strongest. He is so intense, and it always feels like the bar keeps getting heavier and heavier. This poem is what I got out of this inspiration.

Have to keep going,
Not looking back.
Have to show Coach my strength,
Have to get my game back on track.
Never giving up
Never giving in
to the pain in my heart,
or the cuts deep within.
Staying strong
even though it stings.
And though unstable,
I’m still able,
To make this game mine.

4 comments:

  1. That pretty much sums up what we feel at practices. I liked your poem a lot, but the line, "Have to get my game on back on track." kind of confused me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Natalie, I love the voice. that one line though, I understand it, but I think you are lacking punctuation between "on" and "back". Great job though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the true emotion in this piece and how you displayed the experience of your sport into this piece. The grammar was good and overall it was a strong poem.

    ReplyDelete