April 30, 2011

The Aftermath of Lying

Author's Note-- This is my second response to the movie, The Truman Show. I wrote this poem having the idea of what the person lying might feel like, but it is the exact opposite of what the producer of the show was feeling because he had no guilt and just wanted to please the rest of the human race. See what you think about this.

Lies, tearing us up inside
Squeezing us till we feel the pressure
Like a snake slowly squeezing your neck tighter.
The fear of the truth not been understood
The lies weaving their way in to every persons mind.
Your mind slowly giving way to the pressure-
The pressure slowly increasing.
Lies, Truth been twisted and distorted
Lies, The evil of our kind;
Truth the good of our kind
Don’t let lies over run-
Speak the truth.

5 comments:

  1. This is a cool poem. I would imagine that most of the members that interacted with Truman everyday felt this way. The way you put that feeling into a poem was good, and it flowed very well for being an open form. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem reminds me of a snake, you did a good job with it. I think that in the movie thy showed this the most through the cast member that went on a short date with Truman. She looked sad or worried about something the whole time, and eventually she told Truman the truth. It takes more than just a few words to make us think our whole life from this point was just a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this I totally agree with Matt on the fact that people who were the actors probably felt like that. It was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally,

    I thought this was a really cool piece. The message is so strong that it is kind of commanding and almost forces you to think about what you are talking about. I also thought the form really worked well with your topic, so nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me a lot of a snake too. I liked the ending it just like changed and it was interesting and gave you something to think about, like a final thought. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete